- There are often debates among political and international relations experts regarding which country has worse human rights abuses records between United States and China
- Both America and China are the top two countries in the world as far as economic power is concerned
News reports have it that the Asian giant was recently elected to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC).
According to the @UNWatch on Twitter, it stated that “China, newly elected to the U.N. Human Rights Council, just reviewed the U.S. human rights record.”
READ THIS TOO: CNN Projects Joe Biden 46th Elected United States President
“China wishes to recommend to the United States:
- Root out systematic racism, address widespread police brutality and combat discrimination against African- and Asian-Americans…
- Urge politicians to respect peoples’ rights to life and health and stop politicizing and stigmatizing the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Take holistic measures to eliminate political polarization and social inequality.
- Combat the increasingly severe religious intolerance and xenophobic parties
- Stop incarcerating migrants including migrant children and guarantee the rights of migrants.
- Address proliferation of guns and guarantee peoples’ rights to life.
- Lift coercive unilateral measures
- Stop torture in anti-terrorist operations and halt military intervention in other countries and stop killing civilians;
- Stop interfering for political reasons in other countries’ internal affairs under the pretext of human rights.”
Below is the video by China to the United States on human rights abuses recommendations: