- Barcelona were forced to a 1-1 draw by Eibar at the Camp Nou in a Spanish La Liga match
- The result further dents the ambition of winning the La Liga title this season
Lionel Messi was named in the starting lineup and was not even on the bench as the Barca captain watched with frustration from the stand how his teammates played badly.
A penalty was awarded to Barcelona, but Braithwate failed to score from the spot.
Ronald Koeman was blamed again at the end of the game for his wrong tactics which caused his side all three points.
According to @BarcaUniversal on Twitter, while writing on Koeman’s records with Barcelona, it stated that:
• The worst start for Barcelona since the 3 point system was introduced
• First UCL loss at home since 2013
• First loss against Simeone in the league
• Eibar win their first La Liga point at the Camp Nou