- Saturday, January 16 English Premier League games had some matches will some spices of suspense, especially the game between Fulham and Chelsea at Craven Cottage
- The host team, Fulham frustrated Chelsea and almost earned a draw before Mason Mount struck a low shot in the 78th minute to ensure the Blues went back to Stamford Bridge with all three points
Fulham had a man sent off in the 44th minute for infringement and everyone thought the Frank Lampard led boys will take advantage of that to easily win the match.
Chelsea were fortunate to win as The Blues were not anywhere close to their best performance this season.
READ THIS TOO: Will Liverpool’s Injury Woes Favour Manchester United?
In one of the matches played yesterday, Sam Allardyce (Big Sam) earned his first win away from home against Wolverhampton Wanderers. The game ended 3-2 in favour of Big Sam’s tutored West Bromwich Albion.
Nigerian footballer and West Brom reliable defender, Semi Ajayi, was part of the goalscorers for the away side.
In some other matches played yesterday, Leeds United lost at home to Brighton & Hove Albion 1-0; Leicester City defeated Southampton 2-0, while West Ham United pipped Burnley 1-0.
Three EPL matches will be played today, and these are:
- Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Liverpool vs Manchester United
- Manchester City vs Crystal Palace