- Chelsea and France footballer, Ngolo Kante is believed to be the most loved football player in the world
- The diminutive defensive midfield player was instrumental to Chelsea’s UEFA Champions League glory this season
Some football fans and pundits have started the push for Ngolo Kante to win the Ballon D’or Award ahead of the likes of Robert Lewandowski, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Kevin De Bruyne, Riyad Mahrez and Mohamed Salah.
Kante did not just help Chelsea to win the Champions League trophy, he was also helpful at stabilising the way The Blues play as a team.
Winning the Ballon D’or Award is not a tea party, as so many things are looked into. The last three players to win are Cristiano Ronaldo (2017), Luka Modric (2018) and Lionel Messi (2019). There was no Ballon D’or Award ceremony in 2020, as the coronavirus pandemic was used as an excuse.
Chelsea’s Ngolo Kante can win the Ballon D’or Award if he does these three things:
- Kante must ensure he stays injury free and play his best football for France at Euro 2020.
- Kante must ensure he scores two or more important goals for France at Euro 2020.
- Kante must ensure he helps France to win the Euro 2020 trophy, by having a man-of-the-match performance in at least three games just like he had in the first leg and second leg of the UEFA Champions League semi finals against Real Madrid as well as in the final last night against Manchester City.